“Love this theater. It is small and intimate and the quality of the plays that I have seen so far are testament to their passion for theater.”
Trip Advisor review by David B 9/15/2015
Annapolis Summer Garden Theatre is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, charitable/educational organization.
We’re governed by a set of Bylaws. [PDF]
Our business practices are defined in more detail in our Organization Manual [PDF] which is a continual work in progress. Share suggestions with ASGT’s Governance Committee at any time by e-mailing the Board President.
Visit our History page to learn the history of the organization and theatre building.
Scroll down to contact specific Board members or see a list of current Board committees.
ASGT Board of Directors
ASGT is led by a volunteer Board. Terms are two years, expiring in the year indicated. At least one Board member is present at every performance.
ASGT Board meetings are held on the third Tuesday of the month at 7pm. All are welcome to attend. From April-September, meetings are held at the theatre; October-March, they take place offsite. Visit our Calendar of Events or watch our Facebook page for meeting locations and reminders—as well as any cancellations, postponements, or location changes.
Would you like to serve?
Our Nominating Committee is now accepting resumes from anyone interested in serving on the Board of Directors in one of the positions up for re-election in 2016 or any vacant positions (scroll down to review). Job descriptions can be found in our Organization Manual. Serving is a great way to learn new skills, grow your resume, and give back to the community. Interested? Send an e-mail to Dan Snyder by September 23, 2016. Please include the position(s) you’re interested in, a statement of why you’d like to serve, and a copy of your resume. You’ll be contacted for a short interview. New Board members will be voted in in early October. We hope to hear from you.
|President||Carolyn Kirby (’16)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Vice President||Sharon Cimaglia (’17)||email@example.com|
|Box Office||Nancy Janelle (’16)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Buildings & Grounds||Dan Snyder (’17)||email@example.com|
|Communications||Lauren Winther-Hansen (’17)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|House||David Iams (’17)||email@example.com|
|Public Relations||Tom Antonielli (’16)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Volunteer||Melody Volkman (’16)||email@example.com|
|Technical Directors||Dan Caughran (’16)
and Scott McCormick (’16)
*Please e-mail the President with questions about operational areas that are currently vacant.
Join us! Serving on a committee is a great way for new and existing ASGT supporters to make a difference. Committees include ASGT Board members and volunteers.
Our current standing committees are:
- Facility Operations: Year-round maintenance of the building and garden, housekeeping, front-of-house support (ushers, box office, concessions), and contracts.
- Facility Planning: Building upgrades and long-term planning for our Stage/2 building restoration project.
- Marketing: Marketing, publicity, promotion, public relations, advertising, social media, photography, and videography.
- Artistic: Long-range artistic vision, annual show selection, technical needs, artistic contracts, and fulfilling our educational mission.
- Development: Individual, corporate, and foundation fundraising, capital campaigns, public grants, outreach, and special fundraisers.
- Financial: Financial procedures, box office operations, and contracts for special services.
- Governance: Long-range organizational planning, organizational structure, Bylaws, Organizational Manual, and Board development.
Ad hoc committees are established as needed. Our current ad hoc committees are:
- 50th Anniversary Committee: Special events and performances, outreach, and public relations in celebration of our 50th anniversary.
Interested in joining the Board or a Committee? Please attend a Board meeting or e-mail the Volunteer Director.