Plan Your Visit
What should I know before attending a show at ASGT?
We’re located at 143 Compromise Street, Annapolis, MD 21401—just steps from Annapolis City Dock.
Yes, ASGT is an outdoor theatre—our stage and seating are outside under the stars. While other theatres in the Baltimore-Annapolis area occasionally present outdoor shows, all ASGT productions are presented in our unique outdoor space during the summer months only.
For your comfort, we recommend you come prepared for the weather (weather.com) and seasonal temperatures. Some patrons choose to bring:
- handheld fans
- bug spray
- light rain jackets
- seat cushions
For fun, here’s an article by Tim Smith of The Baltimore Sun about outdoor theatre in the area, including at ASGT!
Please review the sections below for more important information!
From Maryland Route 50:
- Take Route 50 to exit 24 (Rowe Boulevard) heading east toward downtown Annapolis.
- Follow Rowe Boulevard to the end (at the State House), and then turn right.
- Merge onto Church Circle and stay in the right hand lane.
- Proceed to Duke of Gloucester Street (between Bank of America & The Maryland Inn). Turn right onto Duke of Gloucester.
- Take your second left onto Green Street and follow it to the stop sign.
- Turn right and stay right onto Compromise Street for approximately 300 feet.
- ASGT is on your right. Look for our lit marquee!
Arriving by water? Hone in on N 38˚ 58.627″ x W 76˚ 29.225″.
ASGT is located in the heart of historic Annapolis. Please leave plenty of time to find parking. Latecomers are seated at ASGT’s discretion.
Nearby garages, lots, and metered lots are listed below. As of summer 2019, meter hours are 10am-7:30pm from M-Sat and 12-7:30pm on Sun. Meter rates are $2 per hour for a maximum of two hours. Coins and credit cards are accepted, or you can use the new Parkmobile app. Questions on how to use the city’s multi-space meters? Watch this short video.
Most street parking has a two-hour limit. Residential parking districts are strictly enforced by Parking Enforcement Officers seven days a week.
For more information about parking, visit Annapolis Parking.
We recommend you consider using Annapolis’ Circulator Trolley, which stops at the city’s four parking garages (Hillman, Gott’s Court, Knighton, and Park Place) as well as at City Dock and other locations. As of July 1, 2017 the trolley is free and runs on a 20-minute interval. The trolley operates until 11pm Monday through Saturday and until 8pm on Sundays. For the latest information, check in with the City of Annapolis Transportation Department or Annapolis Parking’s circulator page.
City Parking Garages
- Noah Hillman Parking Garage—150 Gorman Street, just off Main Street
- Gotts Court Parking Garage—25 Northwest Street, near the Visitor’s Center
- Knighton Garage—1A Colonial Avenue, corner of West Street
- Park Place Garage—5 Park Place, at Westgate Circle
- South Street—South Street, off of Church Circle across from the Courthouse
- Donner Parking Lot—Compromise Street – metered parking
- Larkin Street Lot—Larkin Street, off of City Gate Lane – metered parking
- Fleet Parking Lot—Compromise Street, next to Fleet Reserve Club
- City Dock—Dock Street and Susan Campbell Park – metered parking
- Navy Stadium Parking Lot—From Rowe Blvd., turn right on Taylor Avenue & follow signs to the Blue Lot
- Whitmore Garage—37 Clay Street
- Bladen Street Garage—Corner of Bladen Street and Calvert Street
Please visit our concession stand! Concessions are sold before and during the show, and may be brought into the theatre. These include water, sodas, candy, salty snacks, and ice cream treats. Everything is $1, except ice cream treats which are $2.
We are a community theatre; alcohol is neither served nor permitted in the theatre.
ASGT offers basic “ratings” info about our shows, i.e. PG, PG-13, R, etc. Parental discretion is always advised. Parents/guardians should determine beforehand whether the subject matter is appropriate.
Children under age 5 cannot be admitted to the theatre. Children age 5+ are welcome as patrons if the parent/guardian deems the show suitable.
Photography, video recording, and audio recording of the performance is strictly prohibited by copyright law.
Please turn off all cell phones and other electronic devices before the show begins, and kindly refrain from their use during the performance.
ASGT is on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Please tag us in your pre-show and intermission photos, and check in on Facebook when you visit us.
While dressier attire is welcome, casual attire is perfectly acceptable at ASGT. Please be considerate of your fellow patrons and dress in clean, tasteful clothing appropriate for a public outing.
Please note that the ground cover underneath most of our seating is gravel. Ladies, you may wish to leave the high heels at home!
Qualified service animals are welcome in the theatre. When ordering your tickets, we ask that you reserve seats along the outside aisles or in row K, for your comfort and the comfort of those around you.
Pets are prohibited in the theatre.