Seeking a Board Treasurer
Serving on a nonprofit board is an excellent way to learn new skills, grow your resume, develop as a leader, expand your network, and give back to the community.
ASGT is currently seeking a Treasurer to serve on our board. This volunteer position is appointed by the Board President with approval from the Board of Directors, and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Receive all funds and make all disbursements under the direction of the Board of Directors.
- Keep all financial records and prepare and submit monthly reports to the Board.
- Prepare an annual statement for presentation at the January Board meeting reflecting all financial transactions in the previous fiscal year.
- Arrange for an annual review of ASGT financial records and a review upon the completion of his/her term as treasurer.
- Keep ASGT within the limits of the budget approved by the Board.
- Maintain insurance on the ASGT building and property.
- Arrange to complete and file annual income tax returns, personal property tax returns, and other forms necessary to maintain ASGT’s nonprofit status.
- Maintain records for all ASGT contracts.
Are you committed to sharing your time and talents to help make your community a better place?
Do you have the relevant financial or accounting skills and expertise that could benefit ASGT’s work?
Are you willing to be an enthusiastic advocate for ASGT and encourage others to get involved?
If so, please send an e-mail to the Board President with a copy of your resume and a brief statement of why you would like to serve as Treasurer. You will be contacted shortly. Thank you for your interest!