Call for Board Members
- want to develop your skills or grow your resume?
- want to give back to your community?
- have valuable skills to contribute to a local organization?
- enjoy live theatre under the stars in Annapolis?
ASGT is currently seeking a Volunteer Director. This is a volunteer Board position elected for a two-year term.
The Volunteer Director manages the volunteer recruitment and retention efforts of ASGT, and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Represent ASGT in order to solicit new volunteers.
- Coordinate with the Public Relations Director to promote volunteer opportunities in the
- Respond to inquiries from potential volunteers and refer potential volunteers to the
appropriate Board members.
- Coordinate a Volunteer open house for people interested in assisting at the theatre prior to
the beginning of the season.
- Maintain a contact list of volunteers and provide access to the Communications Director
and to the appropriate Board members.
- Ensure that there is a job description for each position in the theatre that requires
volunteers and ensure that this information is published and available for workshop day and
- Follow up with volunteers to see that they are matched with suitable volunteer
- Ensure that each volunteer understands the reporting and communications structure of the
- Plan and carry out periodic volunteer appreciation activities as approved by the Board.
- Work with other members of the board to determine each director’s volunteer needs in
order to help fill those needs.
ASGT is currently seeking a Communications Director. This is a volunteer Board position elected for a two-year term.
The Communications Director is responsible for managing ASGT’s official communications via our official communication channels, including our website, e-mail platform, social media accounts, online surveys, and printed season brochure. He/She engages the theatre’s constituents and ensures they are informed of upcoming events and opportunities at ASGT.
It’s important to note that ours is a working board. The theatre has no paid staff, so Board members are hands-on, managing and performing the functions for which they are responsible. Additional volunteers may be recruited to support Board members by serving on a committee or performing specific duties within each area of responsibility.
To learn more, send a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. We will then share the job description and schedule a conversation.
We are also happy to receive referrals to other potential candidates that we could contact.