Call for Nominations
- want to develop your skills or grow your resume?
- want to give back to your community?
- have valuable skills to contribute to a local organization?
- enjoy live theatre under the stars in Annapolis?
ASGT is currently looking to fill three key board positions:
ASGT is currently seeking a Vice President. This is a volunteer Board position elected for a two-year term.
The Vice President has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Assist the President in the management and administration of the organization, as requested.
- Preside at all meetings and perform all duties of the President in the absence of the President.
- Assume the office of President and serve until the expiration of the President’s term in the event the office of the President becomes vacant.
- Organize special events for the public in conjunction with the Development Director and Public Relations Director.
ASGT is currently seeking a House Director. This is a volunteer Board position elected for a two-year term.
The House Director manages all front-of-house operations of the theatre except Box Office, and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Recruit and train ushers/house managers, including safety training, and assure that each performance is staffed.
- Assure that household supplies (soap, paper towels, etc.) are available for each rehearsal and performance.
- Assure the safety of the house for all patrons and staff.
- Arrange for concessions to be available at each performance and keep financial records on concessions, as required by the Treasurer.
- Arrange to have the interior of the building cleaned before the season opens, between productions, and at the conclusion of the season.
- Arrange for the cleaning of bathrooms and public spaces before each performance.
- Assure that all chairs are clean and in place in the house at the beginning of the season and before each production.
ASGT is currently seeking a Volunteer Director. This is a volunteer Board position elected for a two-year term.
The Volunteer Director manages the volunteer recruitment and retention efforts of ASGT, and has the following duties and responsibilities:
- Represent ASGT in order to solicit new volunteers.
- Coordinate with the Public Relations Director to promote volunteer opportunities in the
- Respond to inquiries from potential volunteers and refer potential volunteers to the
appropriate Board members.
- Coordinate a Volunteer open house for people interested in assisting at the theatre prior to
the beginning of the season.
- Maintain a contact list of volunteers and provide access to the Communications Director
and to the appropriate Board members.
- Ensure that there is a job description for each position in the theatre that requires
volunteers and ensure that this information is published and available for workshop day and
- Follow up with volunteers to see that they are matched with suitable volunteer
- Ensure that each volunteer understands the reporting and communications structure of the
- Plan and carry out periodic volunteer appreciation activities as approved by the Board.
- Work with other members of the board to determine each director’s volunteer needs in
order to help fill those needs.
It’s important to note that ours is a working board. The theatre has no paid staff, so Board members are hands-on, managing and performing the functions for which they are responsible. Additional volunteers may be recruited to support Board members by serving on a committee or performing specific duties within each area of responsibility.
To learn more, send a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then share the job description and schedule a conversation.
We are also happy to receive referrals to other potential candidates that we could contact.
All are welcome! ASGT recognizes that different perspectives and experiences strengthen our organization and strives to consistently promote diversity and inclusion. Please consider getting involved with ASGT today!